As promised! Very easy and flexible recipe
Vegetarian stir fry – Do Xao Chay
- 1.5 bunch (?) of glass noodles (clear noodles) –I used a Korean type called dangmyeon. I would have pictures if my camera didn’t die…
- Sesame oil
- Lemon grass
- 1 Cups of Celery
- 2 Carrots – shredded
- 1 Cup Vegetarian Ham
- 1.5 Cup Shittake Mushrooms – thinly sliced
- Soy Sauce
- ~3-5 Pre-prepared Tofu – slice thinly
- Mushroom Powder
- Salt, Sugar & Pepper
**Again, this recipe is very flexible. Feel free to add however much of what you like in it or take out ingredients. For instance, I added 2 cups of carrots because I personally like carrots for taste and color.
1. Cook the glass noodles according to the directions. Set aside in a separate bowl and mix with some sesame oil (this helps prevents the noodles from sticking and adds flavor).
2. In a wide pot on high heat, sauté lemon grass in olive oil
3. Add the celery and ½ tsp of salt and 1 tsp of sugar
4. Add a quick spray for soy sauce for color. Lower the heat to medium.
5. Mix in the carrots and cover until soft (about 3-5 min)
6. Add in the tofu. If everything seems a little dry, add a little bit of water.
7. Mix in 1 full tsp of mushroom powder and more soy sauce (soy sauce to balance the noodles in the next step)
8. Add in the noodles. Taste test and add more soy sauce if too bland.
9. Garnish with freshly ground pepper and sesame seeds and serve
Sorry about not having exact measurements – I didn’t have much time to make exact measurements…I usually just eye it. Hopefully next time I can get better ones!